Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:24:49 -0700
Dear Michael and List,

As at least a first step, I have my two older kids on a modified Atkins
diet-- but -no gluten, no lactose, but some casein,  fairly low carb.

Trying to get them paleo was a nightmare....not worth the stress on the poor
old parent. This diet I have right now we can all live with as we try to
transition gradually into a more paleo lifestyle for them...

They still get some natural cheddar cheese, that is the one thing I am most
concerned about (casein)  Atkins also allows peanuts and peanut butter...(no
sugar of course)

But I had to compromise, meat and fat and veggies and macadamias was too
hard for us at this stage. If I keep them off at least gluten, and on no
sugar, a small amount of fruits, veggies, meat, fat, eggs, etc, isn't this a
lot better than the SAD?

Like I said, their friends' diets simply could not be worse...so isn't this
diet at least an improvement.

Today they have lots of energy and really dug into their chores/practice, etc