Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 20:23:19 -0500
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Betty Guyer wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> I have never heard that there was any controversy about HDL being good.
> My HDL is higher then my LDL.  HDL ...99     LDL...89.  Should I be
> concerned?
>
> Betty
> <Of course, there is still controversy about whether HDL
> cholesterol is in fact "good".>

The controversy is about whether cholesterol in general, HDL or
LDL, has significant health implications, good or bad.

The following web site deserves to be read very carefully:

http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-25775/index.htm

For once, the author is not just an Internet soothsayer (like
myself) but an actual researcher in the field.  Anyway, I didn't
mean to imply that HDL might be *bad*, only that it might not be
particularly good either, in which case it would not explain the
protective effect of alcohol.

Todd Moody