Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:05:50 -0800
7bit
From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
One thing I noticed eating this way was that I seemed to be putting on
Muscle and looking more Muscular but I did nothing else for it.  What I
mean is I sit on my ass on day long in front of a computer and I rarely
leave the house since my girlfriend does most of the shopping, so I
found it a nice effect.  My girlfriend was the one who noticed.  She
also noticed that I was looking better and that all the pimples on my
back were almost completely gone.

I have been studying all the different Types of Diets and basically
found what felt like worked for me and really wanted to make sure that
it was the best Scientifically as well, since I like to back up my
Instincts and Feelings with Logic and Facts when I can and I usually end
up being right or it's shown that my Instincts were correct after a
period of time and sometimes it a long while - I still feel it's
important to get the facts but that if you're really in tune with your
Body that you'll know what to do for you - Look at how often Science
says they're correct only to change their Minds again and say that
they're now really correct this time and this time it's really the Truth
and they have the Facts - So you can see the benefits of developing good
Instincts if you don't already have them.  That's one of the things that
I've been called Weird and Strange for all my Life and I couldn't
imagine being without them anymore than I could any of my Senses since I
use them all the time and in everything I do.

I've been writing for about 3 hours so I'm sort of going to call it
quits soon as my eyes are hurting a bit.  As you All can probably tell I
can go on and on and on - and on!!! - but I hope you've enjoyed
everything so far.  I don't think I'm going to be able to check all my
grammar before I post this but you'll probably understand it all I hope.

Basically, what I want to know after telling you what I've been eating
and why, is what is or are the best ways to eat for People and why and
does it really make a difference on your Blood Type and/or Genetic
Ancestry etc.; and please be specific on all the areas you wish to
comment on from what you know and/or believe to be True and what your
Personal Experiences have been doing different things etc..  So I'd like
to what is your feeling on Raw vs. Cooked, Animal vs. Non-Animal, and
all the other Types of Diets and Ways of Eating out there.

Something I found absolutely Wonderful, Informative, and Enlightening
was and Article I found at the following URL:
http://www2.southwind.net/~wardnik/hb-interview1a.html
-----
                  Paleolithic Diet vs. Vegetarianism:
              What was humanity's original, natural diet?

                   A 3-Part Visit with Ward Nicholson
"One of the best things to ever appear on the net on the subject of diet
and human evolution. Probably the most meticulously documented, closely
        detailed, well-researched discussion I have ever read."
      --Dean Esmay, host and moderator of the PALEODIET listgroup

                                 Part 1
                 Setting the scientific record straight
              on humanity's evolutionary prehistoric diet
                             and ape diets.

                                 Part 2
                  Fire and cooking in human evolution,
                 rates of genetic adaptation to change,
              hunter-gatherers, and diseases in the wild.

                                 Part 3
                   The psychology of idealistic diets
       and lessons learned from the Natural Hygiene Many-to-Many
           about successes and failures of vegetarian diets.
-----
I'm sure a lot of you in the know already have read and know about this
Article but those of you who don't I definitely recommend reading this
one.  I would love some feedback and comments on this Article as well as
my post because as I've said I'm really searching for the Truth and also
what works Me and Others.

I also just the other day started eating Raw Chicken - I had already
been eating Raw Chicken Liver for months - and I was really surprised
how much I liked it.  I had thought in my Mind it was going to be tough
or a bit strange for some reason compared to Beef but Boy! was I
wrong!!! - It Was Great!!! - It was so tender and almost buttery and
soft fruit like in its consistency and I really liked it and wish I had
started eating it earlier.  I had just been to another RAF Meeting in La
Jolla - which is in San Diego County for those of you who are wondering
- and had heard Aajonus speak again and we then had a RAF Potluck
afterwards - Which was Absolutely Fantastic!!! - and I told Aajonus what
I had been eating and asked his opinion about different Meats and what
they did for the Body etc..  He said he found that Beef was the best for
building Muscle and that Chicken and Fish were the best for building the
Nerves etc..  So since I had been eating a lot of Beef I decided to try
Chicken - And as I already said it was Great!!!

The other thing I want to know is that Aajonus basically says that you
can eat all the Honey you want and I'd like to know what you All think
about that; and he mixes it with other things so I guess that masks the
taste so that you can eat more than you'd normally eat on it's own and
so is that a good or a bad thing or neither.

Another thing I like and want some feedback and comments on is something
I wrote on 1-27-98 on the Live-Foods Mailing List and Peter Cross-Posted
here on the 1-29-98.  Here's part of it:
-----
Something else I do that a lot of raw fooders might not consider but if
they studied the Peoples of the World who live the longest they might: I
eat things like soaked porridges; soaked seeds, and grains; fermented
milk products, fruits, and vegetables; and soup and broths made from
chicken, turkey, and beef stocks - There seems to be something very
special about the gelatin in the stocks because it's actually
hydrophilic in nature like raw food is - cooked food is hydrophobic.

To make it easy let me quote you from one of my favorite books
"Nourishing Traditions - The Cookbook that Challenges Politically
Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats" by Sally Fallon with Pat
Connolly and Mary G. Enig, Ph.D.:

Page 107, paragraphs 2 and 3:
-----
    "Properly prepared, meat stocks are extremely nutritious, containing
the minerals of bone, cartilage, marrow and vegetables as electrolytes,
and hence in easy-assimilated form.  In particular, wine and vinegar
added during cooking supplies the acid needed to draw minerals,
particularly calcium, magnesium and potassium, into the broth.
     Stock is also of great value because it supplies the hydrophilic
colloids to the diet.  Organic molecules are colloids.  In raw form,
these molecules attract liquids - they are hydrophilic.  Thus when we
eat a salad or some other raw food, the hydrophilic colloids attract
digestive juices for rapid and effective digestion.  Colloids that have
been heated are hydrophobic - they repel liquids, making cooked foods
harder to digest.  However, the proteinaceous gelatin in meat broths has
the unusual property of attracting liquids - it is hydrophilic - even
after it has been heated.  The same property by which gelatin attracts
water to form desserts like Jello, allows it to attract digestive juices
to the surface of cooked food particles."
-----
                             [Part 3 of 4]