Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:36:27 -0800
I have a lot of good news. I am a member of the California Deer Association.
We are setting up a registry to link paleo  people that need wild game meat
(esp deer and elk) with hunters that don't use all their meat. Pretty
exciting. This should eventually help some of you all on the paleo list. In
particular, we will be trying to help children/people with allergies to
common foods, but should also benefit the rest of the paleo world, as there
seems to be a lot of meat out there, if you can just tap into it, which I
finally have.

Last night a woman drove 2 hours to bring my son some venison, I was so
happy.How kind all the people in the California Deer  Association have been.
They are also in the process of setting up a web page.

Anyway, now I have the venison on my dehydrator, I could only cut it so
thin, not thin enough for my food processor to grind. Any ideas out there of
how I can grind it? I only have about 8 or 10 hours to come up with a
solution. If you guys have any ideas, let me know ASAP, thanks a bunch.

I think I'm in the market for a meat slicer!

Also, what kind of marinade could I put on it, I am considering trying to
make some jerky?  I could always make pemmican, I have been using olive oil
on my pemmican recently and my son still eats it.

Again, thanks for this great list and all the support!

Moira

ps I found a butcher that carries venison and tried it last week, my son ate
it, with no problem. What  I noticed now is this wild venison is a darker
purple, the farmed venison was red like beef. I asked the butcher and he
"thought" it was grass fed. Does anyone know about NZ raised venison??