Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 22:06:54 +0100
At 14:38 1998-03-04 -0500, Mary Copeland wrote:
>I'd like to make pemmican.
>or do I have to use real suet from around the
>kidneys?
You can use any fat as far as it comes to eating the stuff
the suet is needed only for making it hard enough to handle easier.
(American) indians who invented the pemmican stored it in buffalo
hides from what I understand, and they probably used whatever fat
there was, as wild animals have much less fat than domesticated.

Pemmican is no general h/g food, and probably not used several
thousands of years ago. But its ingredients have been available all
since our ancestors started "bipedaling", (but one can perhaps
doubt the fat proportion).

- Hans