Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:32:28 +0300
i have a friend here in turkey, my SO (significant other) who has
genetically
high/abnormal levels of cholesterol. his younger brother died at age 28
from
a heart attack brought on by blocked arteries. my SO has to take medication
every day just to keep it at 250!! which is too too high. he watches what
he
eats but avoids meat and fish and 'oily' things. i am wondering if this
diet might
help him.

he did some research into why he and other members of his family have this
terribly high cholesterol level..his younger sister (age 24) has levels
over 550!!!

he says that he discovered that this is the body's response to a nomadic
life where
periods of famine weren't uncommon.  he says that his body is trying to
protect him
starvation..but it forgot that he's no longer a wanderer...

if anyone has any ideas on this, i'd like to hear them..
thanks,
arlene
in istanbul

        (τΏτ)