Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:14:46 -0700
Dear John,

Where do you get uncured, no sugar bacon?

I looked at Safeway and everything is cured with sugar(all the bacon). And I
do not know of a butcher around here, will have to search the yellow pages.

I checked at Whole Foods and it comes without nitrites but with sugar.

Also, the ham comes loaded with sugar/honey.

When I do find a real butcher, what kind of meats do I ask for? I was
thinking of asking for ground meat with lots of fat in it, and or organ meats.

Also, my son is skinny as a rail, what can I do to fatten him up?

Moira

At 08:01 AM 9/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>But wait!  There are carbs and there are carbs.  Not that I think Raisin
>Bran is a fantastic food, but nutritionally it has to be far superior to
>Captain Crunch.  Captain Crunch is nothing but refined crap and sugar.
> Yes, Raisin Bran is probably refined, but is it to the same degree as
>Captain Crunch?  Although, do I remember that the raisins are
>sugar-encrusted?  I don't know, I haven't had that stuff in probably ten
>years.
>
>How about some uncured no-sugar bacon (or sausage with no sugar added) and
>farm eggs?  I know as a kid, despite my sugar addiction, I would always
>take bacon and eggs over cereal.
>
>John Pavao

>Check the carb level on the raisin bran compared to captain crunch.  From
>the top of my head, it goes like this:
>
>                  carbs        sugar carbs    fiber carbs
>
>Captain Crunch     20               8             2
>
>Raisin bran        40              25             6

....Vaccine develpment has become big business.   Worldwide revenues of $3
billion are expected to more than double to $7 billion over the next five
years...more than 200 vaccines are currently being created by vaccines
manufacturers...  MOTHERING MAGAZINE, August, 1997.