NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 16:17:17 -0800
From:
Hazel Green <[log in to unmask]>
I am looking for help from the no-milk discussion group. Basically this
message goes out to people from Canada-preferrably Ontario. Our Renfrew
County School Board has implemented their new policy on Anaphylaxis in
the school system. We are the only school board with a policy -
therefor making us the trendsetters for other school boards. What the
policy basically states is that the anaphylactic child's classroom should
be kept as allergen free as possible. This only pertains to children
with anaphylactic reactions. We are in danger of loosing this policy due
to negative feedback. Of course the numbers of anaphylactic people in a
small area is not very high compared to the rest of the population. If
there is anyone out there willing to comment and lend their support in
helping us keep our policy we would appreciate hearing from you. By
keeping our school's policy we in turn can help other schools set a
policy to help to keep our children safe. It is comforting to know that
there will not be a child sitting next to your child eating or drinking
something that could kill him/her. Thank-you for your time.