NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 18:31:48 -0700
7bit
From:
Hazel and Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Cindy A Barrett wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My Mom just told me yesterday that peas, and sugar snap peas  (my
> favorites!!) have lactose in them.  Her doctor treats her for her lactose
> intolerance and other food allergies, so I guess it must be true.
>
> Has anyone else heard this??
>
> I wonder what else I'm eating that I shouldn't be?
>
> Cindy
Hi,

I have no idea what kind of doctor that your mother is seeing...but if
my doctor told me that lactose was in peas...I would seriously consider
a definite change in doctors...Lactose comes from Milk and milk alone as
far as I have ever learned. The only way it could ever be in peas is if
we fisically put it there.... this is another example of how uneducated
some doctors can actually be about allergies and what is in what...

Hazel