NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:20:44 -0500
7bit
From:
Robert Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Those on the list who are lactose intolerant should =
keep in mind that lactase is a natural and harmless substance whose
sole purpose is to digest lactose. It is a misuse of language to =
consider it to be an "antidote" to a "poison."

Those on the list who blame discomfort from ingesting milk on lactose
should be aware that CASEIN (80% of all protein in milk) is a tenacious
glue and allergenic substance.  Please also be aware that there are 59
different bioactive hormones in each sip of milk.  I do not want to get
into a FLAME WAR with Steve Carper, who has written a wonderful book.
His opinion and my opinion differ on this subject.

Should you enjoy a big Thanksgiving meal and then finish it off by
drinking a nice tall glass of LACTAID milk I would like to hear from you
in the morning.  I say you're gonna get indigestion.  What say you,
Steve?

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Robert Cohen