NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:51:46 -0500
I attended a FAN conference a few years ago and while a fair amount of
the information given was helpful they were almost entirely focused
towards the parents of allergic children.  They were not focused towards
allergic adults (my kids and I are both allergic) and alot of the food
they served was not safe for a food allergy person to eat.  They did
have labels listing the ingredients (thats how we knew it wasnt safe!)
but I was only able to eat potato chips and melon slices for lunch as
the bread, meat, and salads all had questionable ingredients,(wheat and
starches).  kindof a big slap in the face when you travel a long way to
a food allergy conference.  I (and other adults) communicated our
concerns with thes issues at the time so I don't feel bad sharing this
in this space. FAN has great info but I have no found them of much help
to me, I think that you would have to ask them specificallyabout the
kind of info that you were seeking.  I did ask about food in advance wo
was really upset that I was given inaccurate information.  Hope this
helps,

Larissa Blechman