NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:15:44 -0500
>I have resently started coming to terms with the fact that I do have a milk
>intolerance, and have started avoiding milk products.

If you really want to see if there's a difference, try a completely
dairy-free diet for a few weeks: dairy-free margarine, lactose-free
vitamins and medications, breads containing no dairy, and pareve foods or
at least foods containing no lactose, whey, casein, sodium caseinate, milk
fat, nonfat milk solids, etc. If you notice an improvement, then you can
consider which, if any, of these ingredients don't have to be excluded. If
you're like many of us, you'll prefer to avoid them all, and may even have
worse symptoms once you add them back.

But don't forget to keep up your intake calcium, vitamin D, and proteins,
since you'll get less of these without dairy products. Oh, and make sure
that any calcium supplements that you take don't contain lactose.

Mark

Mark Feblowitz