NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Judith Murray Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:31:55 -0600
Explorer,

I agree with your proactive philosophy.  I had a diagnosis of IBS a couple
of years ago and my gastrointestinal doctor was useless except for telling
me that I didn't have colon cancer.  After I educated myself about diet and
solved most of my problem, he even discouraged me from worrying about my
diet because that could cause stress.  Needless to say, I don't go to that
doctor any more.

I have been reading books by Dr. Andrew Weil on health, healing, and
integrative medicine.  Many of his recommendations for diet and healthy
living would benefit IBS sufferers.  He has a web site at:
cgi.pathfinder.com/drweil/

Judith