NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 22:00:43 -0400
>From what I have read, if the woman herself was breastfed as a baby, then her
>gut will not be "leaky" and let these proteins into her milk.

I was breastfed for 9 months (a long time back in the 60's when I was born)
but I do seem to have the "leaky" gut problem as my baby reacted pretty
badly to milk, soy, peanuts and peas in my diet.

I was fed solids at an outrageously early age by today's standards (like
I think cereal by 2 weeks and all kinds of stuff by 6-8 weeks -- then they
decided that I was "allergic to everything" and took me off everything for
a while).  So even though I was breastfed, this early exposure to foreign
proteins may have been implicated in my development of a leaky gut.

I am also anaphylactic to fish; I suspect that having a serious allergy
oneself is a likely sign of a leaky gut.

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/7/93 and Matthew 6/16/96)
** Check out the misc.kids.moderated RFD in news.grops! **