From:
Barbara Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:42:43 -0500

Hi!

My son is not celiac but has a gluten allergy as well as a few others.

I would just like to let you all know that the Carvel I went to was very
helpful in preparing a gluten free cake.

The woman was so nice and helpful I couldnt believe it, even though she
really didn't know what what gluten was.

They made it chocolate and vanilla with fusge sauce in the middle.  The top
was covered in fudge because the icing was questionable.  And decorated it
nice with confetti sprinkles (made from rice flour).

The cake looked great and was a hit for my sons 2 year birthday party.

Of course we had to eliminate the crunchies and any type of nuts (my son has
a peanut allergy as well as wheat and eggs).  Regular sprinkles were composed
of corn and or wheat flour.

The women was real sweet ...pulled out all the boxes for me and everything so
I could read the ingredients.

this one is on Long Island in Massapequa for anybody who is interested.

Thanks to whoever posted about Carvel cakes a while ago.....to give me the
idea.

Hope you all enjoy the holidays.

Barbara