From:
Graham J Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 22:28:13 +0000

A friend of mine recently purchased a new Bread-machine - a PRIMA Model
ABM3, and he was kind enough to ask me to try a Gluten free recipe in
it.

I eventually arranged that we would try one this morning and it worked
brilliantly, BUT we discovered something which had been overlooked
before! The normal recipes given in the recipe book all make a DOUGH
type bread but the recipe I used made a BATTER type bread.

After some discussion of the merits of this, I looked at the box which
my flour comes in and found that it shows a recipe for bread and rolls
using a "SMOOTH, THICK BATTER".

Since this flour is only available is EUROPE, my question is directed at
those who can obtain the "Juvela", "SHS" or "Medifood" brands of flour :

Would anyone care to swop or compare bread-machine recipes using the
Gluten-free WHEAT based flour (obtainable in EUROPE) or the wheat free
versions. I have tried a Hinari Homebaker HB151 and, now, the Prima.

Graham KENT
An english COELIAC from Lincoln, England.