From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:49:51 -0500
I would postulate that it is a bit more complicated than that.  Other
factors I would be likely to believe would slow weight loss are the length
of time the person was overweight and by how much.  For instance, I would
bet that someone 10 years older than me who is only 20 pounds overweight
and has only been so for 5-10 years would lose that weight in almost no
time.  But I've been fat since I was 2 years old.  I would have been
technically classified as obese now for 31 of my 33 years (with a couple of
very short-lived exceptions.  I think a certain amount of damage to the
metabolism is done in long periods of overweight like that.  The difficulty
I am having with losing anything in the past 10 months certainly points to
this.

My $0.02,
John Pavao

Hans:
   I agree.  I think that we would find that the younger ones lose much
easier.  I know I did when I was - younger that is.  Every year it gets
harder.  I have even accepted the idea that I may have dieted too much
and may never lose.  Luckily I feel very good eating this way.  I will
be 52 this June.
Beverle