Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:40:33 -0800
How do you guys make, or where do you buy, Trail Mix? I was at an event a
few days ago and had no food with me, was absolutely starving, broke down
and bought a bean burrito (Taco Bell).

In the future, I need to be better prepared.

Also, on paleo, my son ADORES pork rinds and almond butter as a snack. Yes,
he likes meats, fats, veggies, he is a good eater, but at the end of the
meal, he always DEMANDS  the almond butter. I am wondering if this could be
hard to digest??or if too much of it could be bad for us?? Also, have read
it feeds candida??? I find I also crave almond butter.

As for fresh bacon, I found some at a reasonable price at the local Ranch
99, which carries Asian foods. The only problem is, they do not slice it, it
is a bear to slice that stuff, what with the rind and all!

Do we need to be mindful of rotation on the paleo diet, my son could live on
almond butter! He likes it 3 times a day, every day! after of course eating
other things.

However, we are also eating eggs, ground pork, beef of course, lots of
pemmican, a few frozen veggies about once a day, a salad once a day, fish
about once a week, etc. No fruit right now as I think it might feed candida.
Also, do you guys use pro-biotics such as acidophilus or soil based
organisms  to restore a normal intestinal flora??

His stools so far look a lot better, they look digested. His energy levels
are up, but still not what a normal child has.

How long does it take for the intestinal flora to normalize?

Thanks,

Moira