From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 21:41:38 +0100
At 09:42 1997-11-27 -0800, Micke wrote:
8<
>Does anyone having any info as to why saturated fats are ok?
Are they?
I guess we dont have to take them away completely.
I our ancestors ate all of the game including brains, marrow and so on
they probably got a good mixture of fats.
Extensive pemmican eating is not guaranteed to be good, I think.
8<
>That study said they weren't.
The original article in NEJoM states that 5% increase of saturated fat
gives a CHD risc factor of 1.17 wilst only 2% increase of trans fats has
the factor 1.97! What the study saia to me is that trans fats should be
avoided, unsaturated fats preferred, but the total amount does not
matter (if within the limits measured)

- Hans