From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:45:52 -0800
I'm starting to get a tad bewildered by the variety of eggs that are on
the market shelves.

There are "eggs", then there are "free run", "free range" and what
appear to be "designer" type eggs with claims such as: a 100% guarantee
that the chickens are fed no animal by-products or the chickens are fed
more of this grain or seed than another. Cholesterol is lower, more
nutrition etc. etc. are seen on the egg cartons.

Some packages claim the chickens that lay these eggs have "free access"
to the outside "natural flora and fauna" -- hmmm, I wonder what that
means when it's too hot or too cold outside or maybe too easy to walk
over to the "prepared" food tray?

"Organic" eggs look like they may be misleading, as there appears to be
a guarantee that the chickens ate only certified organic foods -- last I
heard, bugs & grubs (fauna) didn't really qualify for such
certification.

Eggs appear to me to be dyno'mite and an economical way to approach a
lowcarb diet, I enjoy them and I believe they help me considerably with
my diabetes and heart condition.

I was once told I should never have an egg in the house, let alone eat
any -- but that was a highcarb, lowfat Cardiologist that thankfully is
history in my lowcarb way of life.

Comments, insight and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Grant

--
        STONE and SPEAR
ATKINS-NEW * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD