From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:58:56 -0400
I agree.  I thought it was unbelievable that these guys were still fat.
 14lbs?  I lost twice that my first month on Atkins!  I've lost 46lbs and
I've only been at it for 7 months!

Speaking of heart and diet, I've noticed something.  Before I switched
(originally to Atkins, then to Neanderthin), I used to get really hot and
my heart would race after eating some meals.  I thought high carbohydrate
were the culprit but I wasn't sure.  But ever since I stopped eating
refined carbohydrates (i.e., pasta, bread, etc.) I've never had that
problem.  And my blood pressure has dropped quite a bit too.

Is this common?  Was I on the edge of more serious problems, or was it no
big deal?

Take care,
John Pavao

>revolutionary new diet.  That kind of got my hopes up.  Then I watched the
>show, and it turned out to be Ornish.  The program he put these people on
>was a almost zero-fat vegetarian diet, rigorous exercise, and yoga and
>stress management sessions.  I wondered where people stressed enough to

        I watched that too.  I was amazed that the men were still fat and
that the
best of them only lost 14 lbs in one year.  And that guy who is just 35!  I
can't imagine.  Just seeing all that pasta made me sleepy.