NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 22:34:26 -0800
Regarding response to my offer to correspond with anyone else with children who
had allergy-induced eczema, I received the following one-line reply:

I thought current information indicated all eczema was allergy induced.

I only know that for months and months my pediatrician diagnosed my son as
having "atopic dermatitis" and explained it away as "dry skin" -- this with
gigantic weeping sores.  I also know many individuals who insist their
children likewise have this seemingly causeless condition.  I personally
believe there is usually an allergen involved, but not being an MD, it was
not my intention to define in anyway the nature or roots of eczema.  Just
wanted to talk.  (Anyway, we have joined the ezema list that was so helpfully
posted the other day so...)  It seems in general eczema is about as misunder-
stood (by the general public) as allergies....

Susan.