NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vicki Westlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:07:02 -0400
<< Date:    Sun, 5 Oct 1997 00:39:22 -0400
 From:    Stefanie Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject: Re: BBQ SAUCE

 This is in response to the person who said there is MSG in the "good" bbq
 sauces...well

 I looked at every single bbq sauce(27) in my local store(SMITTY"S)
 including
 all the different flavors, and i  didn't find it listed once!!!  If you have
 a list of which ones contain it  i would love to know.  My son and I are
 sensitive to MSG.  We have used  the KC Masterpiece a lot and have not had
 problems.   Please let me know if you have any further information!!!

 ps- one of the clerks  saw me reading the labels on each one, and  i was
 still there when he went back by -so he got the manager to come over and ask
 if i had a problem!!  I  guess they have me pegged .....he thought that I
was
 going to make ANOTHER big play for the Mocha Mix ice cream that he doesn't
 stock very well.....and some of the other non dairy items..

 stefanie

 Stephanie,
Are you aware of ALL the hidden names for MSG... such as the word "spices"
written on an ingredient label? MSG that is not in it's 100% pure form can
have another name. If your interested, I can post the entire list.

Vicki