VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:11:24 -0600
> Hi Kelly,
>
> I always follow with interest the articles you circulate and the question
> that keeps coming back is how does he find the time to follow so many
> newspapers?!

I would say that I am an avid reader.  Maybe I'm supperhuman. <grin>

> Then I figured you must have  membership  in a news service, some kind of
> subscription.
>
> Could you tell me  how do you do it?

The only thing I subscribe to is the Wall Street journal interactive edition,
which I just started last week.  I have my favorite sites for news and other
articles in my bookmark file.  I just go from my bookmark file to my favorite
sites every so often.  I started doing it for the members of the Chicago blind
Computer User Network and now do it her for members of other vicugs.  At the
time, most members had e-mail access but either were unfamiliar with the web or
did not have access to it, thus limiting their availability to resources,
news and trends.

> I am interested in subscribing  to one such service, individual.com, etc.,
> but would appreciate hearing your recommendation first.

unfortunately, I cannot speak specifically about individual.com on the list,
as I am a stockholder in the company.  However, if you find news and features
about your areas of interest quite useful to your work, I would suggest
subscribing to such a service.  Many offer a free trial membership or a
money-back .  Others are low cost and you can sign up for a month or
two to find out if it meets your needs.  My feeling is that there is so little
risk in trying one of these services that I believe it is worth just giving
one a try.

kelly