From:
Yoeschucho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:37:45 EST

<<   She can
 try to avoid the starches and sugars, get enough protein, eat
 vegetables, drink water.  If she can do this much most of the
 time she is way ahead of most teenagers.  When she is an adult
 she can decide for herself if she wants to try more radical
 dietary restrictions. >>

I couldn't agree more.  The last thing any parent child relationship needs is
another battle ground.  I simply serve my son paleo breakfasts and suppers,
talk to him about why I do what I do and let him eat SAD when he's with his
peers.  That puts his diet roughly twice as healthy as his peers and as far as
I'm concerned that's enough for an other wise healthy active child.  And I've
noticed some shifting in his natural preferences as a result, but not a lot.
There are too many other battlefields with pre-adolescents and adolescents, I
refuse to make food one of them in our house.  He's a smart kid, he'll figure
it out on his own if I'm setting a good example.

Flame me if you want but I'm a mother first, and a paleo eater in distant
second.

Kathleen