From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:22:20 -0500
For awhile there, my wife was cooking stuff for me at night for lunch and
reheating it here at work in the microwave (we work together).  But I
finally just switched to eating stuff that didn't need heating, simply
because meat re-heated in the microwave tastes so bad to me.  As far as
actually cooking meat in it, I would never even consider it.  The only
things a microwave is good for to me is heating water (don't imagine it can
do too much damage there) and thawing stuff.  When I make tea, I just use
hot water out of the tap.  My hot water comes from the furnace, rather than
a separate hot water heater, and so comes out near or at boiling.

Take care,
John P

I don't "cook" in a microwave, but used to use it all the time for
re-heating, still do, if in a hurry.

Now, I increasingly use the oven to reheat.

Is there a difference in the bad effects of a microwave? In other words, if
you just use it for re heating, is that as bad as actually using it for
cooking?

Also, what if you use it to re-heat your tea? That is, is it also harmful
where liquids are concerned???