From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:04:59 -0500
Hi all.  I've tried twice recently to make the mayonnaise recipe in
Neanderthin.  The first time it worked great.  The second time, yesterday,
it came out like a salad dressing.  Which was actually a good thing,
because I'd gotten a salad and couldn't use the chemical soup dressing
which had been supplied with it (D'Angelo's).  And, by the way, if you
screw up the mayo like I did and go ahead and add a bunch of black pepper
and some garlic salt, it makes a great salad dressing.  However, I'm
wondering, is there a sure-fire method of ensuring a mayonnaise-like
consistency?  What is the liquid factor, the oil?  In other words, does
less oil make it more solid?

Thanks,
John Pavao