From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 07:57:52 -0500
I guarantee that if you tried to do this with beef fat is would smoke and
become useless anyway.  Not to mention that it would impart a very weird
taste to the chicken even if it didn't burn (and if it did, forget it).
 After just having made my statement about unnaturally concentrated foods,
I'm anyway going to ask why not use olive oil?  (One of my "necessary"
concessions to the no refining rule.)

John Pavao

The whole point of deep fat frying a piece of chicken is to make things
easy. I have no desire to render my own tallow in the quantity needed to
run a deep fat fryer. I will stick to what I can buy. This may mean coconut
oil, as I don't expect a problem getting this in quantity at an Asian
market.

Don.