From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 10:14:31 -0800
Hi Heather,

 Is there such a thing as being allergic to red meat
>or protein, have you or anyone else had this problem and if so how did y
>ou/they cope? (wouldn't it just be the limit to find out I'm allergic to
>beef !!!?...what a terrible caveperson would I have made... )

Having those same thoughts exactly, I read that some arthritis can be set
off by beef and pork. I found a woman on another list who has displayed an
array of allergic reactions to beef including rashes, itching, foggy brain,
gas, flu-like symptoms.

Roger MacDougall, in his article, My Fight Against Multiple Sclerosis,
advocates eating 'offal (liver, kidney, tongue, sweetbread, etc) in
preference to meat. Eat free-range animals (venison, rabbit, poultry) in
preference to domestic animals.'

Perhaps it is the diet of beef cows-gluten containing grains and even beer,
(antibiotics and hormones) that we are reacting to?

Thank you for the advice about brains!

All the best,
Susan
BC Canada