From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 19:28:15 -0500
>Sorry but there is probably nothing that you can do to keep your
>neighbor from spraying his yard.  The stress that you incur from being
>paranoid about these 'toxins' is probably as bad for you as the toxins
>themselves.  I've been exposed to these lawn chemicals on several
>occasions and have never gotten a buzz.  Perhaps this was a placebo type
>effect.  The thought of these chemicals being breathed caused you to get
>this buzz.

the side effects from toxic chemicals is very real.  i'm sure her stress
added to the problem, but don't just brush off the damage done by the toxins.

> The only way to get away from the problem that you face is
>to move.  Perhaps find a place out in the country where your neighbors
>ar 1/4 mile away.  It's much more quiet and there is more for the kids
>to do.

actually, being out in the country may be more toxic, if she is living
around farmers who do aerial spraying/crop dusting!

>Oh, what about the toxins that you are feeding your cat?  If "Program"
>is poisonous to fleas isn't this a toxin that you are feeding your cat?

well, yes, i guess it is, but neither she nor her son is breathing the toxin
in the 'flea pill'.

i would try to talk to the neighbor, first, as nicely as possible, and
explain the health risks that this poses to you and your son.  maybe he'll
be a good guy and be considerate of your health.
if he's not, could you get legal advice, to see if there is any way to stop
him?  also, start reading alt.revenge newsgroup, they often have innovative
ways to deal with pain-in-the-ass neighbors.

JoAnn.