From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:46:29 -0500
> From: "Paul F. Getty" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> If you mean eating vegetables that are gotten at the grocery store, that's
> the problem.  Most of our vegetables have changed over thousands of years
> of agriculture to have less cellulose and other fiber, and more water,
> sugar, etc.  We would have to eat enormous amounts of vegetables to get the
> amount of fiber that hunter-gatherers get.

I admit, but I am sure that many paleo-dieters nevertheless eat less vegetables
than our ancestors. The fact that we get less fibre doesn't necessarily mean
that we lack fiber, perhaps our ancestors ate more fiber than necessary. FWIW,
you don't need enormous amounts of vegetables to have a good intestinal transit
(but I am saying this mainly because I don't like the idea that we need
supplements to be healthy).

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis