From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:56:35 -0400
>Westerterp, K. presented a paper which analyzed data from 22 different
>studies -- "there was no relationship between physical activity and body
>composition" for women wishing to loose weight but there was for males
>who increase their level of physical activity.

        well, it does go for women too, at least it does for me (37 y.o.
female).  i'm basicaly a lazy person, and don't do more than i have to, but
since i've lost some weight, i am trying to tighten up the 'loose' skin, by
doing some upper body work with light weights and using the ab roller.
also, i bought myself a pair of roller blades when i hit the minus 30 pound
mark, and they really are fun, much less boring than just walking.
        anyway the point is, when i do this stuff, i notice that i lose more
weight than if i am just lying on the couch or sitting in front of the monitor.

JoAnn
feb-may, down 12 on atkins
may-now, down 20 more on NeanderThin