NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:43:13 -0400

<< I did want to ask anyone for the Medic-alert address .  And does anyone
have
 tips for getting 2 year old NOT to take off something like that?

Medical Alert 800-344-3226  For $35 you can purchase a braclet.  They have
complex clasps to open, and that will keep it on his wrist.  You could
explain that is his watch or special braclet.  My kids never had a problem
keeping them on.

Who advised you to keep you son home from day care or pre-school?   For 9
years, my boys have been in day care and it has been a wonderful experience
for them.  This was a case of a person who made the mistake of being short
staffed and grabbed an identical package and didn't double check the bag.  It
could have been me making that mistake.  As my children get older, I realize
I can't shelter them or home school them just to keep them safe.  They have
really learned responsibilities and live normal lives.  So, don't let others
advise keep you from doing what you want to do.....