NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim & Eloise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 16:03:37 -0700
>Date:         Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:40:20 -0700
To: [log in to unmask]

>Subject:      Re: Dole Whip/Sno-E TOfu

Another product in which I found casein is the vanilla and chocolate flavors
of Dole Whip.  The fruit flavors do not contain it.  When I was also
allergic to soy, it was the only ice cream substitute there was.

I telephoned the Dole company, and talked to someone who told me it was
impossible for anyone to be allergic to casein!  I should write a letter.

At the counter where I buy the Dole Whip, on two separate occasions with two
different servers, they were surprised when I mentioned the casein and my
milk allergy.  As it turned out, both were also allergic and couldn't figure
out why they had been having symptoms....

Blessings,

Eloise