NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:17:49 EST
Psam,

Thanks for the Pop Tarts breakfast idea. We use them at our house for
occasional snacks (my 6-year-old Corey has an anaphylactic allergy to milk
also).
But soon he'll want to do the sleepover thing and while we love having his
friends here, I know it won't be long before he'll want to be a guest
overnight.

He already does occasional playdates at friends' houses. When it's a lunch
time thing, I pack a special picnic lunch for all kids involved. Otherwise, I
might just send safe snacks -- or we'll agree ahead of time that it's a no-
food/water-only playdate.
The kids don't really care, cuz they just want to play with each other.

We just moved here (a Chicago suburb) in August and the parents of Corey's
classmates have been wonderful and understanding. As have his kindergarten
teacher and the school staff. I feel very lucky, esp. after reading some of
the challenges some people on this list have had to deal with.

Rose