NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 06:25:28 PST
The following recipe is totally untried. I haven't had time to try all
this new stuff that kind friends keep sending me!

Pizza Dough

175g (6oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
salt and pepper

Mix together the flour, baking powder and a little salt and pepper.
Make a well in the centre and mix in 100ml (3.5 fl.oz) cold water to
make a soft dough, knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth.

Roll the dough out to make a 11" round.  Brush a 12" frying pan with a
little oil and place over a moderate heat.  Add the dough and cook for
3-4 minutes.  Turn and cook the other side for a further 4-5 minutes
until cooked through.

Pre-heat the grill to high.  Add your choice of toppings. Grill the
pizza for 2-3 minutes.