NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 07:22:22 -0700
Lisa wrote:
Actually, the funny (?) part is that because of a =
> transportation issue, she has permission to carry both
Epi and Benedryl =
> on her person - but 5 is a *little* young to self
administer.  :-|=20

Lisa, my son used to take a kit to preschool in his
backpack that contained his Epipen (and the teachers had
instruction on that) and pre-loaded oral syringes of
Benadryl and Ventolin syrup.  He could therefore give the
dose to himself, not having to measure it, if needed.  All
he had to do was pull the cap off and squirt it in his
mouth.  Since they didn't want to administer medicine, I
fixed it so he could do the administering.  I did ask him
to make sure that they knew he was taking it (supposedly
they'd give the Epipen first) and for them to call me, but
give the meds (or let him take them) first!

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!