NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jill A Sobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:41:00 -0600
I guess I am still new to the food allergies in my 16 month old and
wonder if parents ever stop feeling super guarded and paranoid about
others giving the foods to your kids? I was out tonight with several
relatives at a restuarant birthday party for my mom. Mikala was
being passed around as usual from person to person when all of a sudden
I saw my aunt giving coffee creamer to her. Fortunately I was trying
to keep watch all night and caught the milk before it hit her lips, but
I felt so upset afterwards. Perhaps I should start every dinner with
grace saying "my daughter has food allergies, please do not feed her!"

Does it ever get any easier? Does one every get used to it, so incidences
such as this aren't so upsetting?

Thanks for listening,

Jill