NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Simon Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:45:14 -0500
 does anybody know of a vitamin that is milk free, and
>>contains no dyes?  (for a 4 & 9 year old)

 I saw on a Flintstones label no mention of
>milk (they probably have colorings, sorry). Anyone know of Flintstones?

Here are the ingredients for Flinstones w/calcium(calcium 25% of RDA for 4
and under, 20% for over 4.)

Calcium Carbonate,Sorbital,Sodium Ascorbate,Natural and artificial
Flavors(including fruit acids), Glycerides of Stearic & Palmitic Acid,
Gelatin, Magnesium,Stearate, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, Artificial
Colors(including FD&C Yellow No.6), Silica, Aspartame(a sweetener),
Carrageenan, Pyridoxine, Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate,
Vitamin A Acetate, Monoammonium Glycrrhizinate, Folic Acid, Beta Carotene,
Vitamine D, Vitamin B12.

The natural flavors and carrageenan are two ingredients that have been
mentioned as possibly containing milk products.  My son has never reacted to
them, and he reacts to trace amounts of milk.  He's 5 now and his reactions
seem to be less severe (due I think to less than one exposure a year for the
last 3.5 years, before I became more knowledgble about avoiding milk his
exposures were more frequent and escalating in severity.), but he has told
me just by tasting when there has been milk in a product that I haven't
caught.  When I've rechecked the label there it was!  (Campbell Soup Curly
Noodles...can they make their print any smaller do you think!)