NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Icey5309 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:04:12 EST
In a message dated 98-03-09 02:26:45 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<  if development of brain cells and function is affected by a metabolic
 disorder (as possibly indicated in the abnormal muscle tone), the delay is
not
 necessarily catch-uppable.....
 it is probably the best advice to stop thinking about "catching up", to
 mentally let go of the age and performance comparisons....and just focus on
 who your baby really is right now - enjoy the things chris can do...

 the abnormal tone and the mitochondrial stuff sounds heavy....  keep me
 posted... >>
another question then would the brain development be apperant in an EEG or CT?
chris has had both and the neurologist didnt say that he saw anything
seriously wrong... so at what point would you say that it is not catch -
uppable? chris does not roll etc but is a very happy baby and is visually
alert he does say mama and dada inappropriately and to what point can you just
say that it is just  from being a preemie?I enjoy my son very much but
ofcourse I worry about what his delays now mean for him later in life? our
pedi does not seem to think it is that big of a deal but he is like that about
everything almost to the point that I am thinking of finding a new Pedi one
with more experience with chris's situation.what do you think? take care
angela