NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Icey5309 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 05:30:08 EST
In a message dated 98-03-06 17:04:54 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I am also concerned about weight gain.  My daughter is 21 months and weighs
 about 20 lbs.  She has eczema and is allergic to milk, soy, eggs,etc.  An
 allergist prescribed Neocate formula but she will not drink it (taste?).  She
 drinks rice milk (Rice Silk) and we give her orange juice with calcium.  She
 seems to eat well with a balance of protein/vegetables/starch (rice and
 potatoes) but just has not gained weight.  I have an appointment with her
 Ped. on Tuesday to discuss this.

 I have thought about going to nutritionist.  Have others on this list found
 it beneficial to get the advice of a nutritionist?

Hi all!!
well we have taken chris to a nutritionist and it did help in away if nothing
else just to make me feel like I am doing everything possible for him... they
were able to help us by showing us things we could add to his neocate( through
his g-button on a 24 hr milk drip) currently we add pollycose and MCT oil to
bring his calories up to 36 cal formula this has helped a little but of course
is no great change he is gaining  about a oz every week or two.obviously his
weight gain is of great concern to us since he has been diagnosed as failure
to thrive.Nancy does your daughter have any other digestive problems? just
curious. chris has hirshprungs,reflux,failure to thrive,milk protien
allergy,chronic anemia, and is developmentally delayed. he is hypotonic in his
trunk and hypertonic in his extremities. I was just wondering are all of you
thats children are behind on the weight are they also behind on there fine and
gross motor skills? I have asked if they thought that the reason that chris is
so far behind developmentally was because he is weak from his nutrition being
so bad but they have said that they didnt think that the nutrition could be
the only cause for being so far behind. anyways I was just trying to figure
out exactly how much could be from his nutrition being so bad and how much
could be from something else. anyways I guess I should stop rambleing I will
talk to ya later. take care
angela