NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:52:10 -0900
> So, exactly how many of you with children who have milk allergies had
> problems with weight gain?

I am also concerned about weight gain.  My daughter is 21 months and weighs
about 20 lbs.  She has eczema and is allergic to milk, soy, eggs,etc.  An
allergist prescribed Neocate formula but she will not drink it (taste?).  She
drinks rice milk (Rice Silk) and we give her orange juice with calcium.  She
seems to eat well with a balance of protein/vegetables/starch (rice and
potatoes) but just has not gained weight.  I have an appointment with her
Ped. on Tuesday to discuss this.

I have thought about going to nutritionist.  Have others on this list found
it beneficial to get the advice of a nutritionist?

thanks in advance - Nancy (mom to Emily 21mos.)