NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:21:20 -0500
>>1) Does anyone have a child who has high eosinophil counts as an
indicator of a milk allergy?<<

Eosinophilia is somehow correlated with allergies (not necessarily milk allergy).   I have a highly allergic child (anaphylaxis to milk)  and my son's gastroenterologist has run blood tests for eosinophil counts and studied the correlation of high levels of eosinophils found in the biopsies found on endoscopy with incidence of allergy contributing to gastroesophageal reflux.

Good luck on the formula.  You sound like you are in a tough situation.

Lynda