NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leslie Beachwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:25:42 -0800

> Vomiting, fever, and malaise are not normal symptoms of either LI or milk=
>
> allergy in an adult.  Are you sure you didn't encounter some bad food or
> have a coincidental intestinal bug?
>
> Steve Carper

I respectfully disagree, at least on two of the three points. I don't
think milk has ever given me a fever, but I did use to feel nauseated
after consuming it AND would feel completely knocked down, like the
aftermath of flu, complete with body aches, etc. for a couple of days
thereafter.  I was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia and which
disappeared when I gave up milk. I never had histamine reactions --
diarrhea, runny nose. In fact I found dairy severely constipating. I
don't believe I was lactose intolerant or "allergic" in the traditional
sense, so I've settled by default on "intolerance". That said, I think
it sounds like the previous poster (to whom Steve was responding) did
probably run into a food-borne bug. My sympathies.

Leslie Beachwood
Beaverton, OR