NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:07:01 -0800
Jessica is highly allergic to milk and still at the stage
where you have to
assume that everything is going to end up in her mouth.
What have other
parents done?

-
=============
We bought the Mother's Day Out teacher a bunch of
inexpensive plastic gloves
(like the ones that come with hair dye) for my son to wear
when doing glue things.
He didn't put things in his mouth, fortunately, but he does
react to milk on his skin.
The good thing is they don't seem to react to milk on the
palms of the hands or
on that side of the fingers - skin is tougher, maybe less
absorbant.  We ended up
letting every kid use the gloves (throwaway) so he wouldn't
be so obviously
different and they thought it was a lot of fun!

psam

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone
else.