NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 08:18:30 -0800
I appreciate the information Steve Carper has to offer, and all the
others who are scanning our food labels. Don Wiss points out the
vagueness of natural flavors, and everyone is trying their best to
figure out what they can and cannot eat. That soy cheese also contains
yeast extract, a questionable substance at best. And carrageenan?

In my opinion, making processed foods a part of your diet is risky, and
requires close label reading. I prefer to make the biggest part of my
diet from whole foods that do not contain questionable ingredients. The
produce section is full of great foods that do not contain questionable
man-made substances (except of course the pesticides, which you should
wash off with soap and water). Rice and whole grains (except for gluten
problems), and pure meats (for those who choose to eat them) round out a
diet that, for most people, won't keep them wondering.

It is often best to avoid foods that have labels.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.