NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:14:27 -0600
At 08:01 AM 1/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:14:24 +0000 Shelley Pike <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
>>Our grocery store in Windsor, Ontario just started carrying Imagine
>>non-dairy pudding in several flavours (same manufacturer of Rice
>>Dream).  They are Kosher Parve and contain no milk products at all.
>>My
>>kids love them; I tasted the Banana one and it has very good flavour!
>>If your store carries Rice Dream it should be able to get the Imagine
>>pudding too.
>>
>I realize that no one asked but Rice Dream isn't gluten free so those
>that have casein problems (which may also result in gluten problems) may
>need to stay away from Imagine Food products. Hope someone cares.
>
>Anat Sichel

Could you please clarify what ingredient in Rice Dream contains the gluten?
 I recently bought some and avoided the vanilla because I wasn't sure of
the extract they would use for the flavoring.  The regular flavor seemed to
be okay according to the label.  I'm just wondering what I missed there.

Brenda