NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:37:25 -0800
Max Desorgher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I suffered from continual ear complaints
> until I cut out all dairy last year. What's the connection?
>
> Max

Those of us who practice have seen the milk connection in ear
infections---in fact, it's a slam dunk. I haven't seen a case that
didn't respond yet by eliminating dairy foods. My explanation is that the
mucous production of cow's milk causes a great environment for the
bacteria that live in your body, so they produce and cause symptoms. Flu
and cold bugs are always around, but only those with weak immune systems
will get sick. Eliminate dairy foods and that almost never happens. Also,
the mucous production is not some benign side effect----it is a reaction
of the immune system.

The following is a quote from a pediatrician, J. Dan Baggett, taken from
Frank Oski's book, "Don't Drink Your Milk:"

"Perhaps the most signifigant thing I have learned is that Group A
beta-hemolytic streptococcus germ will not, under ordinary circumstances,
establish an infection in a child kept on an absolutely no-milk-protein
dietary regimen....Any time a patient of mine is found to have
streptococcal pharyngitis or pyoderma, we can establish by history that
he has ingested milk protein within five days prior to the onset of
symptoms or signs bringing him to the office."

Another observation of mine is that Kleenex is almost exclusively for
people who consume dairy foods.

For a more complete explanation, read "Allergies to Milk" by Sami Bahna
and Douglas Heiner.

DT