NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Rueb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:29:26 -0500
At 08:14 AM 2/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

I just wanted to drop a line (new to this list and have been lurking).

I am lactose intolerant,  I did not really make the connection (or notice
really) until my mid 20's.  I signed up to this list because I wanted to
know more about milk and dietary concerns, and thus far I must admit I have
been impressed with the discussions. My major concern is for my children.  I
have two sons, 3 years old (adopted) and 3 weeks old.

My oldest boy has been on formula until year one and milk from that point
on.  He has had zero health problems with milk in his diet, although sugar
really bounces him around a bit.  He eats anything we put in front of him,
and loves salads (go figure!). We tried apple juice but the sugars just made
him way to active, even on a 1 to 10 deluted ratio.

I would like to know what liquids should be used in a diet if milk is not
recommended? We use water and deluted juices at time but milk is currently
the main form of fluids we provide my oldest boy. (BTW our newborn is breastfed)