NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
richard horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 19:24:10 GMT
Wouldn't it be better not to heighten your daughter's curiosity about and desire
> for
>cheese?  A cheeseless pizza is delicious when topped with an assortment of
>vegetables -- caramelized onions and black olives add body to the topping.  As
> for a
>grilled cheese sandwich, I think a grilled tuna or even grilled ratatouille
is a
>more satisfying alternative.
>
>Best of luck to you and your daughter.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Stuart
>-------------------------------------
>E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Stuart Alan Creque)
>Date: 2/7/97   Time: 10:35:49 PM
>This message sent by Chameleon
>(because carrier pigeons are too slow)
>-------------------------------------

Stuart,

I understand what you are saying because it scares me to death to try anything
truly new with Meaghan but we have talked with her about it being made from
different products than milk and only having cheese from us. I think it is the
guilt I feel and helplessness when she sees the pizza boxes from what we had
occasionally when she is asleep. She understands she can't have it but it
doesn't make those big blue eyes look any happier. We did try the Soymage slices
today with a small taste of it and I think she really didn't like the taste so
we probably will just forget it and call it an experience. She has many
different food allergies as well as milk,(beef, shellfish, coconut, purple
grapes etc.) so it makes us jump, cautiously though, when we see we can give
her something different. Maybe it's our guilt that makes us think that way
as she
really is fine about having only certain things. For 6 years old she is doing
well at saying no to people and asking us first. As I said in a previous
letter,
she even reads labels in the grocery store. But thanks again for your insight.
Any more combination ideas are greatly appreciated at this house.

Chris Horne